See how simple.®
Great design is key to accurate installation the first day and every day. The MESA i-SIZE Infant Car Seat is R129 compliant and intuitively designed to easily install, thanks to innovative features that remove the guesswork.
What is i-SIZE?
i-SIZE is part of R129 safety regulation and is intended to ensure a universal fit in vehicles. Also known as UN legislation – R129, i-SIZE was implemented to:
- Make child car seats easier to fit
- Provide better protection from side impact crashes
- Keep children rear facing longer
i-SIZE seats are distinguished in the marketplace by the following:
- Mandatory rear facing up to 15 months
- First ever requiring Side Impact Testing
- New Q-Dummies that are instrumented to provide additional testing information
- R129 car seats are defined according to the child’s height (an upper weight limit is also given for ISOFIX seats)
Good looks that perform
An electronic indicator panel that provides visual and audio confirmations that guarantees the MESA i-SIZE is installed correctly the first time and every time. The SMARTSECURE™ system includes a unique tension indicator, ensuring the base is properly positioned to the vehicle seat, significantly reducing misuse.
The MESA i-SIZE is compatible with i-SIZE positions in cars. For more information on vehicle specific car fits, please refer to our Car Fit Guide.
Ease of installation
The single action ISOfix release system allows caregivers to easily and properly install the base, removing the guesswork.
Advanced side impact protection
To ensure better head, neck and overall protection, MESA i-SIZE’s headrest utilizes the absorption and recovery properties of both memory and EPP foam to provide advanced side impact protection that’s always engaged.
Hideaway canopy with UPF 25+
The extra-large integrated, extendable canopy provides more protection outside and conveniently tucks away when not in use.
Height-adjustable headrest with integrated harness system
MESA i-SIZE adjustable headrest integrated with a unique no-rethread, three-point harness eliminates the need to take the system apart as baby grows, providing a perfect fit to keep your infant safe and secure.
Included robust infant insert
The removable infant insert ensures proper positioning in the carrier and better airway management for babies less than 60 cm.
Keep baby comfortably cool thanks to a built-in ventilation system. Perforated holes in the shell of the car seat, combined with breathable mesh and EPP foam with vented channels, create more comfortable airflow.
The MESA i-SIZE paired with the VISTA or CRUZ stroller creates a Travel System that’s the ultimate in portability and safety. With the addition of convenient adapters, MESA i-SIZE is also compatible with the MINU stroller.
A quick press of the button on the top of the carrier handle releases it from the stroller. The MESA i-SIZE can be positioned to face you while strolling or pull up to a table without the handlebar in the way.
UPPAbaby offers a LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY on all car seats representing our commitment to child passenger safety.
Suitable from 40 -78 cm, less than 13 kg
Included infant insert recommended for babies less than 60 cm (until approximately 3 months)
Approximate age: birth to approximately 14 months
Weight of carrier: 4,3 kg (4,6 kg with infant insert)
Carrier and base sold separately
- No-rethread harness adjusts with side impact protection headrest
- Built-in ventilation system keeps baby cool and comfortable
- UPF hideaway canopy with extensive coverage
- Direct attachment to VISTA and CRUZ strollers; convenient adapters available for the MINU stroller
- Carry handle with stroller release button
- SMARTSecure® System, with visual and audio confirmations, ensures correct installation every time
- Single action ISOfix release system
- Unique tension indicator ensures base is properly positioned to the vehicle seat