Effective date: October 19, 2022
Monahan Products, LLC DBA UPPAbaby (“UPPAbaby”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://uppababy.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service is the https://uppababy.com website operated by UPPAbaby.
- Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
- Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject (or User)
- Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection And Use
Selling Data to Third Parties:
We do not sell your information to any third parties.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
Tracking Cookies Data
How We Collect Information From You
We may collect information about you from various sources in three primary ways:
- You Give Us Information: We collect information from you when you submit it to us through our website.
- We Collect Information Automatically: We automatically collect certain types of information when you visit our website or purchase our products. For example, we automatically collect internet or other electronic network activity information when you use our website as otherwise described in this Policy.
- We Collect Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources. For example, we may obtain commercially available information about you from third parties, such as e-mail lists from third parties for advertising and marketing purposes or contact and commercial information when you purchase our products through our third party retail partners. We may also receive information from third parties who provide services for us through cookies and other technologies as otherwise discussed in this Policy.
What We Collect
We have collected the following categories of personal information about consumers in the last 12 months and may collect them about you:
- Personal Identifiers, including your name and contact information;
- Categories of personal information related to California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80);
- Commercial information;
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including the following:
- Date and time;
- Operating system of device in use;
- Geolocation Data; and
- Inferences such as your preferences and interests for use in creating a consumer profile.
In addition to the above-mentioned data, when you use our website, cookies and so called HTML5 storage objects may be placed on your computer’s hard drive to the extent of your consent given via the cookie-banner, which is displayed when visiting our website. Cookies and storage objects are small files that provide certain information to us and certain third parties. Cookies serve the purpose of making our website services function, more user friendly, more effective, tailored to your needs, and help us analyze website usage, etc.
Use of Data
UPPAbaby uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To meet legal requirements
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Subject to the GDPR, UPPAbaby may process your Personal Data, at your consent, because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- Insuring the security of our web sites and services
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
For additional information please see the section below entitled “Your Data Protection Rights under the GDPR.”
Retention of Data
UPPAbaby will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, UPPAbaby may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
UPPAbaby may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of UPPAbaby
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
“Do Not Track” Signals
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. UPPAbaby aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us here– opens the Contact page.
You have the following data protection rights:
- THE RIGHT TO ACCESS, UPDATE OR TO DELETE THE INFORMATION WE HAVE ON YOU. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- THE RIGHT OF RECTIFICATION. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- THE RIGHT TO OBJECT. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- THE RIGHT OF RESTRICTION. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where UPPAbaby relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) is a new data privacy law that establishes various rights for California state residents. The law applies to companies that do business in California and meet one of several criteria related to revenue, data processing, and other factors. CCPA requires giving residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their “personal information” (as the law defines those terms), with the opt-out offered via a prominent “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link on the “selling” party’s homepage. CCPA does recognize certain exceptions to the definition of “sale,” such that not all transfers of personal information are “sales.” For example, transferring personal information to a “service provider” under the law is not a sale. UPPAbaby never sells any personal information or data and only transfers data in accordance with this policy.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- META — Facebook, Messenger and Instagram ads and remarketing service are provided by Meta. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Meta and opt-out from interest-based ads from its platforms by visiting and following these instructions from Meta: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950. To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217. Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- SALESFORCE — Salesforce remarketing service is provided by Salesforce and is used to help cater a personalized experience on our website and other digital tools. You can opt-out from Salesforce’s interest-based content by enabling the “Do Not Track” functionality of your web browser.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Third Party Product Providers we work in association with:
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information to our third party vendors, agents, subcontractors and other associated organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. However, when we use third party vendors, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond UPPAbaby network for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
- By visiting this page on our website: https://uppababy.com/contact/
- By phone number: 844.823.3132
- By mail: 276 Weymouth Street, Rockland, MA 02370, United States